Move Toward Wellness Naturally With Massage Therapy
“Our bodies communicate to us clearly and specifically, if we are willing to listen” Shakti Gawain
Massage therapy is an effective choice for managing stress, injury and pain. It can help to reduce tension and tightness in muscles, reduce inflammation, increase blood and lymph circulation, treat muscle spasms, improve sports training and performance and provide a means of relaxation for mind and body.
Whether you are looking for relief from a high-stress job or lifestyle, need to work out those nagging “knots “or wish to speed up recovery from a recent injury, we are pleased to provide you with excellence in advanced therapeutic and relaxation massage.
Our Registered Massage Therapists offer several types of massage treatments:
- Swedish Massage
- Can Be Gentle or Deep Tissue; Full-Body , Partial Body or Focus on a Particular Area. Degree of pressure used entirely up to you
- Sports Massage
- Deep Tissue; Full-Body or Focus on a Particular Area. Degree of pressure used entirely up to you
- Prenatal Massage
- Specialty ‘SPA’ Massage
- A relaxing, full body massage with oils enriched with Essential Oils; specialty creams for your hands and feet. Heated towels scented with Lavender & Chamomile to warm and relax your body . A soothing face and scalp massage complete this wonderful experience
- Hot Stone Massage
- A gentle, full body Swedish massage, using heated Basalt stones during the massage as well as strategically placed on the body to soothe and relax muscles. The addition of the heated stones can allow for increased relaxation without deep pressure. Essential Oil added to Carrier Oil for complete Relaxation
- Specialty Pause and Reset
- When you need, but don’t have time for 60 minutes relaxation, this treatment could be just what you’re looking for. Incorporating techniques of Hawaiian Lomi Lomi Massage, Indian Head Massage & Swedish Massage this 30 minute mini treatment will leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed! Starting with heated towels to the face and scented oils formulated for maximum relaxation, this massage focuses on your head, neck, shoulders, face, arms and scalp.
How Massage Therapy Can Help You
There are tremendous benefits to be achieved through regular massage therapy treatments from a Registered Massage Therapist. Whether your need is to have a moment of relaxation, reduce muscle tension or attain relief from chronic pain, a therapeutic massage can enhance your overall sense of emotional and physical well-being.
- Enjoy improved health with regular massage therapy
- Reduce or eliminate pain
- Improve joint flexibility
- Improve circulation and respiration
- Improve function of immune system
- Reduce inflammatory conditions (e.g. arthritis and tendonitis)
- Reduce stress, depression and anxiety
- Reduce tension within muscles
- Increase body awareness
- Reduce pregnancy discomfort
- Reduce back pain
- Rehabilitate after injury or surgery
- Experience relief from headaches and migraines
- Improve muscle and related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains
Your First Visit
Upon booking your first appointment, you will receive forms via email to fill out online prior to your visit. These will include a confidential health history , consent for treatment form and a cancellation policy acknowledgement. If you are having difficulty or do not have access to a computer, you will be asked to do these when you arrive at the clinic.
Our Registered Massage Therapists will answer any questions you have and address any concerns. Based on your specific set of circumstances we will work with you to design your treatment around your individual needs and goals.
Please note that the cancellation policy for a massage appointment is 24 hours in advance of your appointment time.
The average full-body massage session lasts approximately one hour. However this can vary depending on time allowance, age, type of treatment requested, finances and other factors. A half-hour appointment only allows time for a partial massage session, such as neck and shoulders, back or legs and feet. Many people prefer a 60- to 90-minute session for optimal relaxation. The areas worked on will depend upon your areas of concern and may not incorporate the full body. We generally advise that massage for children be limited to 30 or 45 minutes.
Your massage will take place in a warm, comfortable, quiet room.
Most massage is traditionally performed with the client unclothed; most often, underwear are left on. However, it is entirely up to you what you want to wear. You should undress to your level of comfort. You will be properly draped during the entire session to keep you warm and comfortable. Only the area being worked on will be exposed.
A typical full body session will include work on your back, arms, legs, feet, hands, head, neck, and shoulders. You will not be touched on or near your genitals (male or female) or breasts (female).
Following your massage, it is a good idea to have a warm/hot Epsom salt or Sea Salt bath to dispel any toxins that have been released during your treatment and to prevent soreness. Drinking plenty of water following a massage treatment session is also advised.
Massage Therapy Pricing (Includes HST)
- 30 min Therapeutic Massage – $ 70
- 45 min Therapeutic Massage – $ 90
- 60 min Therapeutic Massage – $ 113
- 75 min Therapeutic Massage – $ 135
- 90 min Therapeutic Massage -$ 152
- 60 min Hot Stone Massage- $136
- 90 min Hot Stone Massage – $185
- 60 min “Spa” Massage – $ 130
- 90 min “Spa” Massage- $ 174
- 30 min Pause & Reset- $ 86
Massage Payment Options
Cash/Debit/Credit/ E-Transfer accepted.
Services are covered by most health care plans. Direct billing is available with Dawson, or we can provide you with a printed or emailed receipt that you can submit to your insurer for reimbursement.